flash object with onclick image popup

tanha_DEATH

i am developing a html website, i want to put an flash object which is a just simple trophy award, i put it through the Dreamweaver in my existing HTML at top after the header.......i want to make it like when anybody click on it, a image pop up....
the problem is i cannot do this through flash, because the trophy.swf size is 250 by 250 frame size, and the image which i want to pop up is of 600 by 600...to do it with flash, i have to make the flash frame size 700 by 700, which is quite big size for me to put in exiting HTML header, because rest of the other contents of HTML, will go down, and the whole website looks very bad.....
so the question is how to display a image Onclick flash.swf file.......
i hope everybody understands it well...:(

CaldwellYSR

If you're doing a "simple trophy award" then you don't need flash. Nothing "simple" in web design happens with flash. Honestly nothing besides videos or games should happen in flash but that's just me.

tanha_DEATH

If you're doing a "simple trophy award" then you don't need flash. Nothing "simple" in web design happens with flash. Honestly nothing besides videos or games should happen in flash but that's just me.

So what should i do now, any recommendations...!! i just need a code, which displays flash. but onclick it, display a image...

CaldwellYSR

the award trophy is developed in flash with some effects, that is why it is in .swf...
although providing a answer, you are confusing me:confused:

Basically flash shouldn't happen in web design. I know you came here just wanted a code snippet to throw in and make work but flash isn't the answer. Whatever effect you're doing will be better served with jquery or even CSS if possible. Show us what you're trying to do and we will be able to make suggestions.

tanha_DEATH

Basically flash shouldn't happen in web design. I know you came here just wanted a code snippet to throw in and make work but flash isn't the answer. Whatever effect you're doing will be better served with jquery or even CSS if possible. Show us what you're trying to do and we will be able to make suggestions.

the flash file is quite big, i cannot upload it here, and also i am working offline, i didn't upload it yet, the link for website is www.arabiancode.com , at top left, i want to put a box containing flash movie, which i have done, now i need a command which onclick upon it, display a image as a popup in centre of the browser...:(

CaldwellYSR

the flash file is quite big

and THAT is most of the problem. If the flash file is really big then just think of what it's going to do to your website. Everytime you get a visiter they're going to have to load that big file which will take precious seconds and alot of them will leave. I know unless I really need to be on a site for something I will leave if I notice it loading flash...

For example I clicked on your page and saw the ridiculous splash screen with the spinning circle thing and if I wasn't going there to try to help you I would have left immediately. It took 30+ seconds to load your site then once it finally loaded I can't see anything that justifies needing flash. The only animation you have at all isn't even flash I don't think and it could be accomplished with some CSS3 which would make your load time so much better.

Last edited:

tanha_DEATH

and THAT is most of the problem. If the flash file is really big then just think of what it's going to do to your website. Everytime you get a visiter they're going to have to load that big file which will take precious seconds and alot of them will leave. I know unless I really need to be on a site for something I will leave if I notice it loading flash...

For example I clicked on your page and saw the ridiculous splash screen with the spinning circle thing and if I wasn't going there to try to help you I would have left immediately. It took 30+ seconds to load your site then once it finally loaded I can't see anything that justifies needing flash. The only animation you have at all isn't even flash I don't think and it could be accomplished with some CSS3 which would make your load time so much better.

i think you are misunderstanding, first thing to tell you, i am making changes in offline mode, that is why you didn't see any flash content in online mode, because i didn't upload the offline mode yet....second thing to tell you, my flash size is of 270 KB, and it exceeds the maximum attached file size for this forum, that is why i was unable to attach the document for you to preview it.
third thing to tell you that, i first planned to place the .gif file instead of .swf file, but after putting the .gif file which is already transparent, in the HTML document, some white outline blurry pixels appear with the image, which looks little bit bad, i know i have to make some changes for .gif file, in order to make it completely transparent, but i don't know how to do it exactly.....so final solution, for now, i am using .png file, with image popup query, which is working fine, and now its in online mode also.
thanks for replying to my questions.
:cool:

tanha_DEATH

outline:none; will fix the dotted border thingy.

it is not with the border, it is with the image with transparent background, when i am creating it in photoshop, its pixel is perfect, but when i publish it, some white pixels with the edges of the image inside the transparent background, automatically generated.....if it is with the border then there should not be the problem with the award inside it, it should have problem with the box, but in my case, its problem with the award, not with the box....:rolleyes:

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
try a png instead of a gif.
and keep the edges tidy, dont let any coloured pixels exist near it.