Flash intros discussion

mack_donovan

Hello design world :)
This time I'm seeking help about little intro movies. Recently I found a website with some amazing flash inro animations. I know a lot about Flash and I'm expert in Photoshop, but in order to create smth like this:
http://www.template-help.com/screenshots/13500/13563.html
you need more. There are particle systems and light effects - just awesome. Does any of you have an idea what software they are using (before the obvious Flash of course) - Adobe After Effects? Premier? Moviemaker? Any tutorials on the matter? Help please!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

adx

Looks like a lot of Photoshop graphics turned into a flash with writing in it.
I have no clue how to do this myself of course, but do you really need a flash intro?
When I run into one I immediately hit the back button, no matter what.

How exactly do you plan to use this?

shaneiadt

Flash intro's can be very cool at times but they do take away from the site slightly as i generally leave once i see the loading bar :p

ChaosEnt

I agree with what has been said, if you going to make a Flash intro make it short, and make sure you include a skip button that is well visable, If i ever hit a flash intro i usually just skip it.

Jamez

Yes, as people have just said. I tend to skip them, I find them annoying.

But the flash video is great, I actually like that.

Gorgy

Another company uses Adobe Flash 8+ and Stuffit Expander 10+ (Mac) to create something like this
I'm just attentive to Software Required blocks when I want to buy a certain web template or flash intro

Haqqan

I'm no expert, but isn't it possible to make an intro like this in a video editor like Sony vegas or After Effects and then convert it to .flv using some converter? That was pretty darn cool

bluefirefox007

Actually sometimes flash intros are very annoying specially if it is bigger in size. That's why the visitors are just skipping the intro. I think you can use some software for that making it small in size and making it easy to load. That's why visitors will not be annoyed or bored from waiting the flash intros to load.

Down&Outdesigns

your either gonna need to use 1 of two programs..

ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS...

or

APPLE's "MOTION"

these are motion graphic programs, that you can make what you saw in the movie.. then import that video into flash to automatically play file for intro to the site.. :]

wetgravy

That intro is alot of 3d animation (it's a fast way to render effects like that in lightwave or maya) and alot of the transitions and effects to the letters are done in after effects with alot of time spent on them. Then you bring it to flash by converting the output video file to a flv and inserting before the animation/site, etc.

annavogelgm

I need to create a small flash intro for my business web site. What I need is the easiest and most cost effective way for me to create this myself. I am no expert and I would say I am probably not even good enough to be called an amateur so please be gentle.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Easiest and most cost effective way anna is not at all.
If u want more traffic to your site then dont shoot yourself in the foot.

jumpingspider

but do you really need a flash intro?
When I run into one I immediately hit the back button, no matter what.

Although having a flash intro could be fun,at times they could be more 'boring'. That if it loads so slow,visitor might hit the back button rather than staying!

che09

I agree with what has been said, if you going to make a Flash intro make it short, and make sure you include a skip button that is well visable, If i ever hit a flash intro i usually just skip it.

I totally can relate on 'skipping' flash intro. If you really like to do it,then making it short and including a 'skip' button would be a good idea!