First site ;)

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not a bad design. It looks good. Great use of white space.

Speaking of white, you might want to make the background color of the body white so you don't get a black bar on the right.

One thought: what if you moved the computer up, move the logo to the bottom left and move the contact info to the right side. Then, center the whole thing. That would look pretty sharp.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd change the background on the computer screen.

for me when I see that image, it gives me the shivers... reminds me of people who dont have the ability to change their background on their win XP machine. which, unfortunately is how you'll be seen too.

besides, I'm sure microsoft "own" that image anyway...put one of your own designs on as the background instead.

in fact I would probably drop the logo from the top and put it on the monitor screen (or at least line up the contact info so it doesn't look so disjointed.)

as for your background - yes ditch the black, but you'll need to make a repeating pattern if you want the background to be consistent.

as for your items on the desktop (which I am assuming will be your menu) it is all a bit heavy on the left. try to balance it out a bit.

Also it'll look cleaner without the shadow on the base...

omglookitsagoat

Don't ever stretch text or images. the text on the right side of the home page that says, "Studio Grafiki Kreatywnej" looks like it was stretched or compressed. especially compared to the text over the logo, which looks like the same font. Also, I would change the content on the other pages to a sans serif font.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Like the new layout better than the first.

But, I beg of you, for the love of all that is good and holy, ditch the flash intro. Don't get me wrong, the intro is nice, but God kills a kitten every time someone uses them. Think of the kittens!

DHDdirect

Oh come on now.. that's a little harsh ;-) I think it looks good.

Every form of media has an intro. Books, TV series, Movies, even radio segments have introductions. Just as long as there is an option to skip it makes it all better.

Besides.. maybe Andrew is a dog person :)

che09

I like your site. Especially the intro. Though,I think it's kinda loading slowly. I like the fonts and the color. You have an interesting site! ;)

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
nope. I do not like the flash intro.
you've got 3 seconds to catch someones attention.
sorry - half your audience have left cause of the splash page.
also for SEO its a bad call.
i'd ditch it. unless it does something to absolutely blow you away, then there is no point to it. just annoying. be interesting to see the stats on how many people would click "skip intro" over waiting. i'd guess it'd be 5:1

jumpingspider

nope. I do not like the flash intro.
you've got 3 seconds to catch someones attention.
sorry - half your audience have left cause of the splash page.
also for SEO its a bad call.
i'd ditch it. unless it does something to absolutely blow you away, then there is no point to it. just annoying. be interesting to see the stats on how many people would click "skip intro" over waiting. i'd guess it'd be 5:1

I agree with your point. Although at times flash can be helpful when it comes to creativity but it's not really good for SEO!

Ennesus

Just looked at your site and i'm willing to give you a quick opinion about it.
first of all get rid of the intro, simply because it's looks unprofessional to have it.

the drop shaddow in the logo looks so ugly and it makes it less readable.

also look at the semantics of your website. There's so much to improve, good luck

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
also look at the semantics of your website. There's so much to improve, good luck

there isnt even a <p> its done as a div

no headers(h1-h6) what-so-ever

also with your buttons, I cannot click on the word, but I can click around it. whats that about?

and ditch the table, particularly if your going to be offering "Design"

omglookitsagoat

check out neave.com. They have a flash animated banner/header that looks pretty good If you don't want to get rid of the flash, maybe you could do something like that? It is hard to pull of a really good animated flash like that, though. Splash pages usually aren't a good idea.

krymson

Flash intro, GET RID OF IT. It serves no use but distract people from the point of your site. They're there for one purpose learn about what you're offering get a quote, get out wham bam thank you ma'am. Other than that not too shabby.