FINALLY finished new site

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
The site looks really good. What is the font in your header?

The only thing I noticed, was that the log-in link doesn't work.

rwebber77

It looks good aesthetically, but there are some internal issues you may want to consider in the future. Tables + image maps = a thing of the past, let Divs + unordered lists do the same job!

The pages loaded slowly for me, and I am guessing it's because of the internal css weighing the pages down. By inserting all of your css into an external, you are allowing browsers to cache the formatting and styles so it doesn't have to reload every time a user clicks on a new page. Make sense?

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tables + image maps = a thing of the past
how true!
the polaroid concept is interesting, but I dont like the corkboard thingy. a bit too hard to read. and I was expecting it to do something, but alas it didnt.

AK Web Design

The page loaded very slowly for me. The design is nice. However, I do not like the font used for the links and the contact info at the bottom of the page.

Good work!

TheLivingDead

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE GREAT FEEDBACK!!!:D

It looks good aesthetically, but there are some internal issues you may want to consider in the future. Tables + image maps = a thing of the past, let Divs + unordered lists do the same job!
Divs + unordered lists?
I am familiar with both, but combining them to replace Tables + image maps is news to me!
can you offer any references?

The pages loaded slowly for me, and I am guessing it's because of the internal css weighing the pages down. By inserting all of your css into an external, you are allowing browsers to cache the formatting and styles so it doesn't have to reload every time a user clicks on a new page. Make sense?
Absolutely! I meant to do so, but looks like I neglected to do so when It was uploaded! :0) oops...

TheLivingDead

the log-in is not developed yet.. I'm still learning databasing and php....

I dont like the corkboard thingy. a bit too hard to read. and I was expecting it to do something, but alas it didnt.
lol ya, the 'corkboard' is supposed to be a 'desk'... its just something to break up the 'cluttered desk' look from the background. Any suggestions to make it a little more interactive / attractive?

I do not like the font used for the links and the contact info at the bottom of the page.

Ya, the font I used does look is pretty high contrast to the rest of the site. have a suggested font, possibly?

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol ya, the 'corkboard' is supposed to be a 'desk'... its just something to break up the 'cluttered desk' look from the background. Any suggestions to make it a little more interactive / attractive?

haha of course, now I can see its a desk!
maybe make the items clickable say the mobile phone - contact, the notepad - a blog? something like that perhaps.

Dorky

i like both the container and body backgrounds. the links tho i would suggest making text based since you are using a web compatible font, this will also do well for your SEO. the notepad could be white with black text, it would look a bit more natural. also, the header image did not load for me.

che09

I noticed this one too! I've read it has not yet develop. ;)

The page loaded very slowly for me.

It loads fine for me.

By the way,I like your site,Design,especially the color. Not to mention you're absolutely gorgeous!!!

reverseengineer

It looks good, the one thing that threw me off was the header. I think it may look better to have the first letter capitalized. Good job though!

TheLivingDead

I noticed this one too! I've read it has not yet develop. ;)

The log-in is now finished and developed! :0)

plus additional aesthetic updates have been made, plus I've gone with a technique of using php files for header and footer to make content management and quick updates a little more streamlined! :cool:

Atius

You should make the main navigation links more viewable, try using a more shaded color. And the images used on the site could use some optimization, try using jpg with a 70% quality, that should make your site more light. Other than that its looking real good :D

nafirici

site look good. It took me 35s to load the portfolio page and there was a 404 on the lightbox.js file. You might consider reducing the size of the thumb nails to increase page load size.

d a v e

optimise the images!
consider saving those big pngs as jpegs that are in the middle of the page

also using 8-bit pngs with alpha transparency halves or thirds the file size for the banners
new-banner_02.png
12kb
and
new-banner_01.png
6kb