Fasthosts - any good?

Piewife

Hello - new member here!

So, I have a couple of website names registered through them, but are they any good for the actual hosting, generally speaking?

New webbie, planning to design sites for people at some point...
Thanks for your help!

:D

Kiwiberry

I've used a couple of different web hosting places now, and to me there all pretty much the same. You just have to look for what you need vs. how much it costs. Also, If you're going to use their web builder software, you might want a demo and make sure you feel comfortable with it. Personally, I haven't found a "free" webbuilder that I've liked.

Piewife

Fasthosts

Thanks Kiwiberry. I wasn't thinking of using their builder software (hadn't got that far!). At least for now, they do what I want (v basic stuff) so I'll stick there until I outgrow them...

eonic

Their deddicated linux deddicated servers are OK - everything else is not good. They continually have major problems. Their VPS platforms were starting up in read only mode every other day. With their shared hosting they have had major problems with emails and accounts getting hacked......

Have a look at some of their reviews before you decide

designchester

I've got to agree with Eonic on this one. We have lots of accounts with Fasthosts and earlier this year their hosting became extremely unreliable and emails stopped working. You can imagine how serious this was for our clients - and us. Read as many reviews on any hosting company you are considering from as many sources as you can.

mhack122

Hello - new member here!

So, I have a couple of website names registered through them, but are they any good for the actual hosting, generally speaking?

New webbie, planning to design sites for people at some point...
Thanks for your help!

:D

its definitely the same even if you build a website for people.....:)

BMA

Banned
This one is a good advice. They are all the same,thus it will only differ on what you really need than how much is your budget!

Couldn't disagree more. After having three separate instances of 1and1.com adding services I didn't order to my account and charging my credit card, to the tune of $200 to $300, I was curious if I was the only one. A little research shows they've done this to lots of people. And that was only the beginning of the arrogant disrespect these thieves heaped upon me. Here's a list of comments both good and bad on a web hosting review site: http://www.webhostingreviews.com/1and1-reviews.htm

It's definitely about more than the technical specs and the price. Know you're host before you get too deep.