Expression Web 2 vs Dreamweaver CS4

AusQB

What do most people use/prefer?

Almost every web design/developer job I see requires experience with Dreamweaver. I haven't seen one job ad that mentions Expression.

I tried Dreamweaver, briefly, and couldn't really understand what it could do that Expression can't.

rarepearldesign

What do most people use/prefer?

Almost every web design/developer job I see requires experience with Dreamweaver. I haven't seen one job ad that mentions Expression.

I tried Dreamweaver, briefly, and couldn't really understand what it could do that Expression can't.

Expression Web is a Microsoft product and I can tell you are a Microsoft .NET architect and developer Expression Web is really only better than Dreamweaver in one area, ASP.NET development.

And even then, I would choose to use Visual Studio without even thinking about it over Expression Web. So, unless you are doing .NET development I would stick to Dreamweaver. If you decide to do .NET stuff, look at Visual Studio.

I would pass on Expression suite, and that's from a MS guy.

Btw, to answer your question, personally...
1) I use Dreamweaver/Notepad for anything non asp.net
2) I use Visual Studio 2008 for asp.net development

AusQB

I use Expression because that is what was supplied to us in university, so I have grown used to it. I don't use .NET, so I may shift over to Dreamweaver eventually.

rarepearldesign

I use Expression because that is what was supplied to us in university, so I have grown used to it. I don't use .NET, so I may shift over to Dreamweaver eventually.

A tool is a tool is a tool. Whatever you use that's most efficient for you is all you need. A web designer should never be judged on his choice of tools, rather the output of his efforts.

Don't switch just for the sake of switching, switch if it makes sense to you to do so.