Equity Partner Needed

Timbo38

My company is in the process of developing a web based business with virtually unlimited potential.
We are searching for a technically capable web designer to help develop a commercial web site in return for a long term ownership position in the company. We are based in Northern Ohio, a Midwest location is a plus.

Timbo38

No, no gullible mug here. The position would have an ownership spot and be a member of the management team. It is designed to be a long term position, design, implementation, and maintenance. This is not a one time type project, but would include an income stream indefinitely. Pursuing this opportunity means nothing to lose and much to gain.

Timbo38

Actually, no, I don't really know where you've heard that before........I guess we can take your comments as a "No thanks,".........best of luck to you in your world.

chrishirst

Staff member
Man, you don't really need luck when you don't take on any "Work today, reap the rewards sometime" contracts.

Edge

My company is in the process of developing a web based business with virtually unlimited potential.
If it HAS unlimited potential get a loan of the bank/investment. Why would you want to partner with a complete stranger?

Timbo38

Partner needed

Actually, I wouldn't partner with a complete stranger, the interview process would determine the suitability of such a union. I do not want to pay someone to do some work on a long term project and then have him walk away in the middle of it. I've been burned that way too. This may be hard for you to believe, but there are web designers out there who knowingly and intentionally take jobs that are beyond their capability. They work because they suckered a customer in and then take the money and run, never to be seen again.
I can't afford to do that again. There are good web designers and then there's those who sell themselves as something they are not. And, they make a living that way. They live for the moment.
Sorry, but I cannot afford to go that way again.

chrishirst

Staff member
Sure, but you will not get a good designer or a developer based on the your proposal in this thread. We have all heard the "Can't pay you now, but when it becomes successful, ... ... etc." proposals

If we wanted to work that way we would ALL be self-employed and working on our own projects/business that will bring rewards later. Because the majority of "Work now: Paid sometime" offers are usually made by "employers" who disappear, leaving nothing behind but an overdrawn bank account, a bunch of disgruntled customers who want to know where their products are and maybe a loan that requires repaying.