Earning money with your website using an affiliate

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewish

Hi All,

i've just created a new affiliate scheme / affiliate program on my website.

if you have a website and would like to have my adverts on your site in exchange for cool hard cash :p then please visit the link and sign up. its all free for you and there are never any disputes about payments :) We're a good honest Kiwi (New Zealand) company.

www.bastmonitoring.com/affiliate-scheme

any feedback about the new scheme is alway welcome :D

thanks all,

Lewis
CEO
www.bastmonitoring.com

lewish

kiwi? well, a british CEO with a kiwi company

1 post CEO? Wish a more senior guy here can vouch for the "good honest Kiwi" part.

lol, well, actually I'M not a true kiwi :eek: i'm actually an ex-pat from England. the company is a Kiwi (New Zealand) company though, the kiwi's are a good bunch, i'm certainly glad i made the move.

lewish

sounds a little fishy to me

from any website owners point of view, they want two things:

1. to sell their wares
2. to increase their ability to sell their wares

making my own affiliate scheme means that i can pay for my successful advertising by giving a percentage of my profit to the advertiser, rather than pay for advertising that may or may not work.

it also satifies the second desire, which is to increase the number of backlinks and therefore increase my ability to get customers.

i guess if you go with any affiliate, you are trusting them that they are going to pay you what you are due.

i dont think there's anything dubious about my affiliate. i spend a lot of money paying a webdesign company to develop the system which involved a body of work around ensuring that people's referals dont get lost (this resulted in the use of sessions rather than cookies).

i suppose the only thing that might be considered dubious is the fact that the company is quite new (started at the end of 2009) and so doesn't have the business confidence that adbrite or other big affiliates might have.

of course this is a catch 22 situation, you can't start a new affiliate because people dont trust it, you can't get trust because people wont try it.

hopefully in the future, as Bast Monitoring becomes larger and a more famous brand there will be more trust.

PS: my appologies for the "1 post" but again this is a catch 22 situation. to join this community i had to have a motive. my motive was to advertise my affiliate. to advertise my affiliate i had to post :eek:

nevertheless I'm please to say that i've also learned a few things about emarketing. :)

thanks all for looking at the post and taking the time to read this, hopefully i can change people's minds to new affiliates. my view of new things is if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. i don't think that this affiliate falls into that bracket but i guess that's up to the reader.

lewish

odesa, i dont have lots of advertisers, its just my company.

thanks for your interest. if you are looking for lots of different ads then google ads or adbrite might be good for you

Status
Not open for further replies.