Drop menu falls behind slider..

Claes Nilsson

I would remake the website in code that made sense :)
Also for the purpose of having a quicker loading time. I almost got a headache from reading your code.

You are mixing tables and divs and css is everywhere. It is really hard to comprehend your website.

webstudent123

limitations

we are stuck with what we can do within 'network solutions', they host the site and limit what we can do, plus I came on board after the main site had been created. With over 1000 pages a 'remake' is not feasible with a single developer.

thanks for nothing though : )

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
we are stuck with what we can do within 'network solutions', they host the site and limit what we can do, plus I came on board after the main site had been created. With over 1000 pages a 'remake' is not feasible with a single developer.

thanks for nothing though : )

Incorrect, with 1000 pages in a miserable host/cms/whatever it is thats putting limitations on you, it is the perfect opportunity for a “remake“ to say otherwise is foolish.
To modify what you need using your current system might “seem“ quicker, but in the end a redesign, rebuild, etc would actually make updates much more efficient.

Also, at 1000 pages it could certainly do with some streamlining!

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also worth noting its all messed up on a phone.
Rebuild with 50 pages max, then your products
Top level no more than 8 pages, and everything has to be accessible within three levels. Otherwise its pointless that content being on the site.
To say that you “cant“ redo the site is a cop out, do yourself a favour and save yourself frustration by getting away from that current system.

The structure is a total mess and any system that wont let you into the css is a waste of your time.
Think about this, you add inline css to a page (1 of 1000) then you have to duplicate that on all pages!
Id be rippibg my hair out if i had to do that...

As for your menu issue, youve called jquery three times. 1.4.1, 1.6.1 & one simply called min.
The nature of how youve had to work around in this useless system its no suprise.

Damnit, beat me to it (lunch breaks and such). Such a snarky reply to someone who was giving you sound advice. If this is one of those “we let you build your own sites", then drop them like a hot potato as I wouldn’t be caught dead working on a mess like this and would insist on a clean start. Beyond the code the navigation of pages could be SO much better thought out and bring down the page size greatly, it is just poorly organized and much like the code a jumbled mess that seems to have not been thought out at all.

webstudent123

Good call out

alright, so "thanks for nothing" was a bit of poor judgement on my behalf, I apologize for that. Just been struggling with this thing all day and was hoping for more direct help with the issue.

We do have access to our own external style sheet & shell elements, but the over-all structure of the site is controlled by the hosters layout, which is table based & does indeed suck.

With 1000 visitors a day landing on hundreds of different SEO maximized pages and one web developer/video editor/graphic designer, we simply do not have the capabilities at this point to undertake a complete re-development.