Dreamweaver MX Local ASP.NET Testing Server

Wynnefield

ok, i have followed all the instructions i can find and all the macromedia tutorials and manuals available; however, each time i try to preview an ASP page in IE or Firefox, it asks if i want to save or download rather than displaying the page by serving the ASP code locally ... please help ...

i have the following specs:

Windows XP Pro with IIS installed
Dreamweaver MX 7.0

..in DW, Testing Server defined as follows:

Server model: ASP.NET VB
Access: Local/Network
Testing server folder: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\pm\

URL prefix: http://localhost/pm/

i "put" the entire site on the testing server, switched to testing server mode, and selected "Preview in Browswer" (this occurs with IE and Firefox). after the browser opens, i receive a prompt to open or save the file. when i choose "open", rather than rendering the page in the browswer, it opens the ASP.NET code in the MS Development Environment ...

what am i doing wrong?? any help would be appreciated to this ASP.NET newbie ... thank you

Wynnefield

i finally figured out what was wrong. i had set up my web sites in subfolders (like i always do when building from scratch); however, the javascript calls were assuming all items were in the root directory. after i re-routed the structure, everything viewed just fine in test and production ...

thank you for listening to me ramble ... :cool: