Difference between web hosting and web forwarding?

Someone suggested me a web hosting site. But what I'm looking for a way to forward my already purchased domain to my new website on wix without having to pay additional and upgrade. Should I continue with a web hosting place or look for something else?

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
While I can't vouch for Wix, you generally have to get the domain registrar to release the domain, then you route it to the new nameservers at your new host.

Roddy

From Wix...

You can now connect up to three domain names (URLs) to one Wix site through the Wix domain manager:

Step 1: Decide which domain address is your primary one (www.domain.com). The other domain address (www.domain2.com) will be your secondary.
Step 2: Connect your primary domain to Wix.
Step 3: Once you have connected your primary domain to your Wix site, go to Manage Premium > click on the Domains tab > select your secondary domain from the list > Basic .
Next to ‘Wix Site’ click on ‘Change’.

In the pop-up window select ‘To another domain name’, select your primary domain from the drop down menu and click on ‘Save’.

Your domain name is now redirected ! You will be able to see this under the Domain Summary.