designing logos

tank126

Are there general rule to follow when creating coporate logos? Do you want to keep it realitively simple? How about color selection? Some have said not to use too many colors? Any input would be great.

TANK126

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure about general rules, but I would imagine it would be good to kep it to 2-3 colors and have a design which would translate well to business cards and letterheads.

tank126

Thanks,

I'll put that into play while i am designing my 2nd site. It'll be up by tommorow (8/15), so then everyone can take a look at it and give me some feed back on how things look.

thanks
Tank126 :D

RAJO

hey tank, it's ve been a week since 8/15, wassup?
anyway about logo designing, it's about: tell all in nothing
meaning: let the audience get the idea (the company, field of work, speciality, etc) from a simple drawing
easy but yet extremly hard 2 implement right?

fos

Hi,
Here are some rules and i hope really helpful to everyone who want to design logo...

Your logo should reflect your company in a unique and honest way.
Avoid too much detail.
Your logo should work well in black and white (one-color printing).
Make sure your logo's scalable.
Your logo should be artistically balanced.

so follows these rule for designing your logo....
Regards

commando

When designing logos you want to think about printing considerations.

• for T-shirts and embroidery: no more than two colors + background color
  • for letterhead: one color
  • trinkets like pens and stuff: one color

The main reason logos are simple is so they are easily recognizable yet easy to put everywhere. Also, simplicity gives the logo the ability to be clear weather big or small.

Hope this helps.

braydond

Go for cool-tone colours like blue, grey, silver, black, etc. But it really is up to the client. They may have colours they would like to use. As for the design, simple and sleek seems to always impress.