Design Opinion

SSiegel97

I am currently having my site re-designed.

I posted a rough draft mock up of the new design:

www.intotherainforest.com/mock/mock1.jpg

Any opnions? Be totally harsh if you have to.

I think:
1. The logo is not prominent enough
2. The "All natural..." text is too small
3. The social media footer part is too big and overwhelming.

I like the colors, espcially as it falls in line with our company image (all natural ingredients)

AndrisE

It's looking good. Could be cleaner, but it's nice.

In my opinion, the worst thing is your background. It will take too much time to load and also you need to find a way to display it properly on wider screens (1680x1050px for example).

Denno

I think it looks good.

I would assume that you're going to make it centred on the page so that on wider screens it shows a little nicer?
You could make a gradient that runs through those colours, which repeats horizontally, so you still have the same colours for the background, but it can cover the entire width of the browser. However, using a gradient will make the background very uniform the whole way across, and you may want to keep out-of-focus leaves effect in the background.

As for the logo, I personally would like it bigger, and overlapping elements in some places. So maybe have the bottom of the logo overlap the box below it, even if it's just a little bit. The reason I like this is because it makes the website look like it's not 'blocked', and laid out using tables.

That's what I think anyway :).

Denno