Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas Cigar eNewsletter

Wynnefield

i finally completed my latest project, thecigarWRAPPER.com, an enewsletter for dfw cigar enthusiasts. i have a press release planned for friday and would appreciate any input from my fellow designers prior to its release.

thank you ... :cool:

Wynnefield

no offense taken. i have pretty thick skin ... no templates used. i created a three column table format with the left (narrower) column for navigation. i used this format, as it will be easier to fill stories and images for each edition ... the events page is a simply three monthly tables easily updated, as i receive event information ...

i appreciate your input ...

i think you could improve it by making it wider. I think it looks a bit to narrow at the moment.
If you did this by yourself then well done, I couldnt create anything without templates. All my websites are template jobs (webshost.co.uk, esearches.com, ppprogram.com, o-dating.co.uk). :)

Wynnefield

with tables i use a standard width of 760 pix for the average web surfer on 800x600 video ... i have found this size to be the most flexible. you must have your video like mine (around 1200), so you can have lots of windows on the screen at the same time ... LOL

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think the header image title, the a in cigar looks like an o, so it looks like cigor.
The white text which "cigar industry enewsletter focused on.... " is a little hard to read against the background that you used. That could probably be improved upon.
I think the site naviagation that you have at the bottom should probably also appear somewhere near the top of the page or in the left column.
Other than that, the site looks nice and neat.

Wynnefield

thank you for the input ian ... i added a one point outline and drop shadow, which really brought out the white text. as far as the "a", i think i will let that go until i change the header sometime in the future ... next issue i plan to convert to css, so i can address the navigation bar and a few other site-wide details i am considering ...