custom emails

aastii

I have recently purchased a domain and hosting for a gaming clan and was wondering if there is a way to get personalised email with the domain name and hosting? There was an option to add email to the domain when we purchased the domain name, however, surely there is a way to do it yourself, we have the hosting after all and own the domain + all subdomains.

We got the hosting free with our game servers if that is important in anyway, hosted by gaming deluxe.

Last edited:

aastii

you can make personal emails ( [email protected] ) anytime.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

They were having problems with the free hosting machine at the time, so it wouldn't let me do anything. As it stands now, I'm able to create mail accounts, or at least it would appear so, I'm unable to test it out for the moment.

The hosting comes with cPanel installed straight away, I'm getting e107 installed at the moment, it fits perfectly for the needs, at least for now. I am right in assuming that the option in cPanel to create a new email will do as it says and creates a new email.

I know it seems like an obvious question, but I tried to do it yesterda, and I'm not sure if it is because it hasn't propagated yet, but it said I haev reached the maximum number of email accounts for the hosting. I can't see how that is because in the email with all of the server info, it has inofrmation for our POP3 and SMTP host account information, including, and I quote from the email (cut out the information):

Mail settings

Catch all email with your default email account

<email information>

Additional mail accounts that you add

<email information>

Username : The FULL email address that you are picking up from (e.g. [email protected]).
If your email client cannot accept a @ symbol, then you may replace this with a backslash .
Password : As specified in your control panel

Which would lead me to think we have unlimited

che09

Yeah right! A Custom email should be included in a hosting package. Don't get one if that's not included.

I agree,if the hosting package has no custom email then look for another. I think it's one that you should look into. ;)