Css Scroll in Box

jnspire

Hello, I am kindly requesting assistance. I am going to try to explain what I want to do as briefly yet specifically as possible.
I checked the threads and didn't see this covered. But, if I happened to miss it please just point me to that instead (if it already exists) :)

I would like to do this in all css if possible but it may require a script...

I want a box with text in it to scroll in on a page or over an image. I only want it to cover a portion of the image on rollover. Basically, like having the tittle of an image gradually pop up on the bottom edge of an image (or page) or have it drop down from the top edge of an image (or page). Like a scroll in or scroll out box if that makes sense. I have been looking online, and info on doing this seems scarce at best.

I appreciate any tips tricks or solutions! :)

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:

jnspire

Are you looking for CSS that will make this box appear and disappear on mouse over? If "YES", do you want it to smooth in or just to appear right away?

Hey, thanks a ton for your reply!

"YES"! :)
Smooth in on Rollover. Disappear on mouse off. Smooth in and out (gradually).

Last edited:

smoovo

So you have to use script..

OK, to smooth it in you have to use a script. The best way is to use jQuery. If you don't want to use a script, you can't smooth it.

To make things act like a movie, with time line... you have to use script behind it.

Let me know your decision, I would be glad to help you code it :).

Last edited:

jnspire

I'm Curious how do to do this... :)
Any code or examples would be appreciated... or something to point me in the right direction. :) thanks!

jnspire

Thanks Smoovo!

Thanks Smoovo, Will Do! :)

I will likely post a solution in this thread once I have built up the code... we shall see...

smoovo

Tip

Here is a tip...

You should have "div" and the image will be the background. Now the text box will be a "div" inside this "div".

Basically the jQuery should play this "div" and the mouse is the controller.