CSS positioning help

xxgatxx

Whenever I minimize the window, the adsense ad that I have on the left side of the page moves over and overlaps the main part of my website in the middle.

http://topworkoutsongs.org

I don't really know what I'm doing, (I just make little changes here and there and see how it affects the page). How can I make it so that the adsense ad just stays on the left side of the page? I think the fact that it overlaps affects the quality of the adsense ads that I receive, and that I can earn much more if I were to fix this simple thing. Would a z-index be alright in this case? Thanks

In short, what I really want is just for the ad on the left to stay on the left, and the scrolling thing on the right to just stay on the right

Last edited:

CaldwellYSR

Okay disregard anything you read in the post before.... the reason you're getting the overlap is because of
Code:
position: fixed;
on your sidebars (the right one does it too). Unfortunately, taking that out causes many many unwanted effects because the site was very poorly coded (sorry it's the truth you were going to find out eventually). My best advice is start over...

Last edited: