css layout optimization issue

antonyx

i have created a website.. it uses css divs... from top to bottom on the page...

top div (my logo)
menu div (links)
main div (content)

cut a long story short.. i cant use absolute positioning to make the site..
the only way to do it is to code the divs in order..

this means that i cannot place the opening paragraph of my website.. (which is in the content div) right next to the body tag opener..(which i could have done with absolute positioning)

so.. will this be bad in terms of seo..if so how bad.. how close to the body tag does the opening paragraph have to be.. what difference will it make if it is about 5 lines down the page..

SiteExpress

Very good question. You might try and run something that will show you how a spider sees your page.

I would not think it should matter. Hopefully a spider is smart enough to figure out the code.

IAN is the SEO guru, he could probably answer that one.

antonyx

SiteExpress said:
Very good question. You might try and run something that will show you how a spider sees your page.

I would not think it should matter. Hopefully a spider is smart enough to figure out the code.

IAN is the SEO guru, he could probably answer that one.

ok ian.. we hold our breath in anticipation

ISDProductions

don't worry about it, its not the best way to do things, but it won't be devestating....if the content is there, the spider will find it.....it's looking for it....just make sure you do all the other things you need to in order to optimize your page correctly, you don't need these things creating a domino effect