Cricketand f1 website

fkrule

Can you help me, i am new to web designing and need help with my site, i have it setup but need some help, to improve the website all help is apperaiciated.
my site

ian

Administrator
Staff member
That popup asking you to install something is annoying. I wouldnt visit a site a second time if one of those appeared.
Also that is an unusual combination, better to have one site on cricket and another one on F1

fkrule

Hi guys,First of all i would like to thank you both for taking your time and visiting my site and writing reviews.
ian i cannot do anything about the pop up beacuse the web host has put that up.
and second of all Rice when say i need more stuff what kind of things are you talking about.
Once again thanks and all your help is appericaited.

SiteExpress

Most times bright colors tend to be a little much as bacground color. Try using the same color , but flatten it a bit. Try R:38, G:192, B:206 or Hex code of #26C0CE. Same color, but different tint than what you have. Some sites can get away with using bright colors thoug, and in the end, it is in the eye on the viewer that matters. I am just offering my opinion.

fkrule

Thanks for your opinion. you are right, i have toned the colour down to a ver light colour can you tell me if your think this colour works.

fkrule

Thanks, do you have any more suggestions to improve the site. i have added some animation could you please give me your opinions on them one is on the homepage:Home page
the other is on the cricket homepage:Cricket Homepage

Last edited:

joshlobo

hi fkrule,

i love the content that ur site is trying to address. however i also think you should have two separate sites, one for F1 and the other for cricket. Being a cricket lover, i would love to see some images, to go along with the articles, as well as dates when you post the articles.

At the moment the cricket info that you have on your site can be found on many other sites. maybe you should be more subjective, and post your opinions of what has happened in particluar games, ie. what did you think of the tied final between the Aussies and the Poms. Personally i think it was a bloody joke, and McGrath threw it away with the no ball in the final over.

Also the button colours... red text on blue is a BIG no no!

i think you should think about a colour scheme for your site, which is basically two or three colours, which you can use in variations, to give some consistancy to your site. try to pick colours which complement each other.

similarly pick a font to use. the one you have now is a serif font, which means it has those little tails on the end of the letters. they are fonts like times new roman. Serif fonts are traditionally easier to read on printed material rather than on websites. Sans Serif fonts like Geneva and Arial are usually better than the serifs, for reading on the net.

and finally come up with a cool name and logo for your site... something like "fast cars and cricket"

hope that helps. there are also many sites that can give you tutorials, to help you. Flashkit.com , kirupa.com. both of those sites are geared towards flash, but will help with html. i recommend you also join other web design forums, and ask for help so you can learn more web design techniques. The things you already can do, such as updating your site, keep doing them, but try to learn new ways that u can display your information.

cheers

Josh Lobo

www.randomblowup.com