Creating websites on a Laptop? Advice?

fiasst

Hi, I've posted this in here because I want to know how easy a Laptop is to work with while creating websites and graphics. I know I can live with a Laptop for everything else but I need to be sure that I'm not making a costly mistake.

Question. Does anyone here use a Laptop for designing? How do you find it compared to a PC?

I have afew concerns about the switch from a PC to a Apple MacBook Pro but I do need the freedom to working anywhere.

My concerns are:

1. When you look from a slight angle, some Laptop screens don't display true color like a PC monitor
  2. I'm writing this on my brothers Laptop and the keys aren't easy to find nor hit. So I think I'd need a keyboard for speedy work.
  3. I'd defernetly need a mouse but perfer a 'Tablet' pen as I've heard they're very good. Does anyone use one?
  4. Can anyone think of any possible problem with working creatively on a Laptop?

I seek advice. Thanks :)

crandall87

You really need to test your websites on a computer too. As you said the colours look slightly different on a laptop than they do on a computer. If you buy a new keyboard and mouse for your laptop then I can't see why there would be any more problems.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
you could always hook up a monitor to your laptop when working at home, which would resolve any graphical problems you may encounter.

i work on my laptop from time to time. the only reason i prefer my PC is the screen size. 20" monitor > 14" LCD panel! ;)

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i don't entirely agree, being that a notebook essentially can do everything a desktop can. simply hook a monitor, mouse and keyboard up to your notebook and you will hardly notice a difference.