creating link

nikogda

Hi, is there a way to create a link to a specific text or a specific line number at any web page (the page does not belong to me). Thanks.

nikogda

i think you need to contact the owner.. do you mean link exchange?

I mean, if there's is a way to link to a web page, but not the top of it, but to the line #15 for example or to a specific text on this page, for example "welcome" or even to the bottom of the page. Thanks.

Last edited:

jaywebdev

I'm confused with this. Is it like a post that the web pages link contain your keyword or title that you wanted to be?

nikogda

I'm confused with this. Is it like a post that the web pages link contain your keyword or title that you wanted to be?

I'd like to link to a web page that does not belong to me, but there is a constant word at this web page: "Welcome". It is the only instance of this word at the page I'd like to link to. It is located somewhere in the middle of the page. So, I'd like to refer my readers to this particular word, not to the top of the page, and wondering if there's a way of doing this. Thanks.

jonnymark

* A stands for Anchor. It starts the link to another page.
* HREF stands for Hypertext REFerence. That's a nice, short way of saying to the browser, "This is where the link is going to go."
* http://www.htmlgoodies.com is the FULL ADDRESS (URL) of the link. Also notice that the address has an equal sign in front of it and is enclosed in quotes. Why? Because it's an attribute of the Anchor tag, which is a command inside of a command.
* Where it reads "Click Here for HTMLGoodies" is where you write the text that you want to appear on the page. The text in that space will appear on the page for the viewer to click. So write something that denotes the link.
* /A ends the entire link command.