Creating an SEO proposal

pbwebdesign

How would you go about making a proposal for a client in SEO? Would you talk about keywords, content marketing? Do you get detailed, or leave it general to not bog down the client. I have a new client, and I want to make a good proposal for my work.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, as soon as you start talking about SERP, PR, on-page, off-page, whatever, the clients eyes gloss over and they lose interest.

the best way to sell SEO to clients is to just do it and not give them a BS spiel, which will more often than not go over their head. it's like talking to the client about html/css/js or the benefits of the chosen CMS, they simply don't care, otherwise they'd do it themselves. its your job as the developer/designer to "just do it"...

at the end of the day they don't actually want to have to have their head filled with this jargon, all they want to know is that their business will be successful. show them this through results.

chrishirst

Staff member
Absolutely 100% on the mark.

What clients want to know is how much money you can save them in paid advertising, or how you can improve the website revenue.

BS "metrics" such as pointless "ranking reports", "link counting" reports and increased SGB PR or Alexa Guesstimates should NOT even be part of the conversation.