Created Template in Photoshop...what now?

AKeys

Hello everyone,
I'm new at designing my own templates. I created a mock template in photoshop, sliced the template, exported from Photoshop, and imported into Dreamweaver...what now?

Now I need help on the next step. Everytime I try to add text to the body, it deletes the slice. I saved it as background, but when adding text, sometimes it breaks the template apart. Could someone assist me with step by step instructions on what to do after the template is created in Dreamweaver?? I'd really appreciate the help...

AKeys

For clarification, I think I can create the hyperlinks and rollover, but my problem deals with adding content. how do I create text areas within the body or some other part of the Website where I can add text and give it the ability to scroll, etc.

Thanks in advance.

dvdljns

You can not edit a template by default in dreamweaver. you need to look in help and read about creatings areas to be edited. I expermented with dreamweaver for a while but decided it was to much trouble. If I remeber right you need to mark the area then go to toolbar and then add text are whatever you want to do then lock it back to where it can not be edited again.

rain7

When I was new in designing feild I was also having this problem.

That way u r using this is very old way. first u slice template and then dont open on dream weaver. on dream weaver create new page, then create tables. then u wont have any problem.

If u can learn, then I can teach you. just go on my profile and send me email. Via email or on msn I will guideyou INshAllah

Hello everyone,
I'm new at designing my own templates. I created a mock template in photoshop, sliced the template, exported from Photoshop, and imported into Dreamweaver...what now?

Now I need help on the next step. Everytime I try to add text to the body, it deletes the slice. I saved it as background, but when adding text, sometimes it breaks the template apart. Could someone assist me with step by step instructions on what to do after the template is created in Dreamweaver?? I'd really appreciate the help...