Create HTML automatically

benf

In a website that im building about pottery, i want to have a section on glaze recipes, but have a feature where the user can add his/her own recipe within a form and add a picture. After submitting this information i want it to be displayed in a table neatly layed out but it all to happen automatically. Is there a way to do this?

thanks.

StephanieCordray

Not with straight html, no, there isn't. There are quite a few web applications out there that will do the job however... some are full blown content management systems; some are simple scripts that allow you to add functionalities such as what you described above.

I'd suggest asking this at: http://www.hotscripts.com

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
like stephanie mentioned, html will not be able to do this. reason being is that html can only do static pages, rather than interactive sites. to add such a feature you will need to add a database to your site for storing the desired information which will then be called upon by a server side language such as php or asp and then displayed in the users browser in html format. sounds much more complicated than it is, really! :)

anyways, you should be able to find something that suite your needs over at hotscripts.com, as mentioned above. feel free to post here or to start another topic if you run into any problems integrating your newly aquired script.