Create a forum

Joe5858

i have a goal of creating a forum in which I can eventually profit off ads. What is the best tool or designer for creating a forum that looks good and is easy to manage, moderate and create? I need to retain control of ads and have the ability to have unlimited members. Thanks!

chrishirst

Staff member
can eventually profit off ads.

Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

What is the best tool or designer for creating a forum that looks good and is easy to manage, moderate and create?

The one that YOU know how to use, and there are MANY to choose from, along with hundreds of 'themes' to make them 'look' however you want it to look.

And this is probably a very silly and unnecessary, pointless question, because I probably can guess that the answer is going to be a very large 0, .. .. BUT what budget do you have for setting up the forum and the look??

Joe5858

Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

The one that YOU know how to use, and there are MANY to choose from, along with hundreds of 'themes' to make them 'look' however you want it to look.

And this is probably a very silly and unnecessary, pointless question, because I probably can guess that the answer is going to be a very large 0, .. .. BUT what budget do you have for setting up the forum and the look??

how about 1k- 3k?

chrishirst

Staff member
Then the answer is buy a licence for vBulletin, v3.xx if you can get one, v5 if not, but avoid v4.x like the plague unless you intend having VM to run it on.