Corporate-looking website concept

leroy30

EDIT - Have removed this as per a client request. I will post the complete version when I am done.

Last edited:

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's a really good design. It does feel a bit top heavy, like you said, but it isn't distracting. A heavier type for the headers on the bottom might balance it. Only other thing I saw was you misspelled "Personnel".

Great design!!

leroy30

ronaldroe - Argh I am hopeless at spelling! I haven't shown the client yet though -it aint a stuff up until it's left the building!

I extended the sidebar with a diagonal-pattern what do you guys think?

notarypublic - thanks for that :eek:) I've updated my concept to reflect that.

Last edited:

leroy30

Hmm Dave I think you are right... I'll have a think about that one. The idea is the main website menu is the most obvious (normal link style and next to the logo) then the ones down the left are 'quick links' for people wanting to learn more and the two drop-downs on the right are for those big CEO's that want to know how it is specific to them.

But I'll have a think about reducing it to just the main menu and the quicklinks down the side.

cobraart

i think the diagonal bar helps with balance but you loose some of the simplicity...what about changing the color of the side navigation buttons to something that isn't so overpowering.....or add something at the bottom under the left navigation. a news section or something might keep the balance and simplicity...nice design

leroy30

cobraart I agree it's a toss up between balance and simplicity. I'll stick with it for now and have a think about it. I think putting some news down the side could look a bit cluttered - plus we don't have any news yet!

Last edited:

DHDdirect

I like the layout, very business like but to be a bit critical I think the left nav needs something to break the gray up a bit. Maybe just two-tone look will help such as a lighter gray border around the link blocks.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
@leroy - I think the design is starting to shape up, but what happened to those top nav links? although I do think the grey is a little strong on the left, you could drop it slightly to about where it is on the hover, and then make the hover lighter again.

@geoemanuel stop trying to spam a thread! read it! contribute if you can, but geez!
but then again what do you expect from someone who has a typo in their domain!!! hahaha learn to spell you goose.

leroy30

Hi Phreadee,

My client and I decided to keep the three different navigations. RE the grey I'll give it a shot on monday and we can have a look at what the two look side by side!

Ugh I hate spammers. That's so funny the domain name being spelt wrong - real professional ;o)