corporate logo refresh.. feedback welcome and appreciated!

helloworld

greetings,
looking for some feedback on this [still very rough] logo redesign.
attached is the old logo(left) to compare to the new one im working on(right).
it's for a clean/corporate style site with a color scheme restraint.. i'll post that project too when i make a bit more progress.

thanks!

Attachments

• logo-redesign.jpg
    logo-redesign.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 118

Fireproofgfx

I like your gears better than the gear in the original but I like the Font Type and colors better in the original. I understand it is a work in progress so I look forward to seeing the finals draft.

helloworld

yes still very rough, and I agree that the fonts will probably end up looking much different by the time it's finished.. I'll keep you posted.
should have said to squint really hard before you look since its in the early rasterized-experimenting stage. lol
thanks!

ally

I agree with Fireproof. I really like the gears in the second, and really like your color scheme. If you stick with the font type in the second one, I may consider bolding TalentPro: The font just looks a little weak IMO, and the gears on the left are strong. Making that change may help to balance out the graphic a little bit. I am still somewhat of a beginner though, so don't rely on my word, just a bit of advice you may think about trying.

helloworld

thanks for the input

I agree with Fireproof. I really like the gears in the second, and really like your color scheme. If you stick with the font type in the second one, I may consider bolding TalentPro: The font just looks a little weak IMO, and the gears on the left are strong. Making that change may help to balance out the graphic a little bit. I am still somewhat of a beginner though, so don't rely on my word, just a bit of advice you may think about trying.

i did end up swapping the bold portions.. thanks! you can see the end result on this thread: http://www.webdesignforum.com/18471-new-corporate-homepage-design-review.html

Airehk

I personally think the original logo is a winner, though it just needs to be kicked up a notch.

However with the new edition, there is less subtlety which makes it more memorable — by which I mean the final product. Though, call me old fashioned, but I really have a problem with gradients. I'm always worried they will get lost or disrupt the overall integrity of the image depending on the media supporting it. The new typography looks a lot more welcoming now rather than the colder mechanical counterpart.

Overall, from what applications I've seen so far, it looks good.

HireLogo

This first imo is a much better corporate feel. If it has to go with the purple then I'd get rid of the silver gear on the new one or work with the color.

Sllen Scott

I would have to go with the first design. while the second one is very colorful and attention grabbing, the first logo seems to fit more to the company. For one, I think the gears are off, since the design is supposed to be for a human resources company. i would suggest something more related to people.

helloworld

I like your gears better than the gear in the original but I like the Font Type and colors better in the original. I understand it is a work in progress so I look forward to seeing the finals draft.

it appears we are going to end up with the reverse of this.. :D
..you guys know how these things go

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Fireproof was on the right track, but didn't quite hit the mark. The type in the first is better. The gears in the second look better, but the 3D is too much. Swap the gear in the first with a gear that has 6-10 teeth, and make it flat like in the first image.

helloworld

final mockup attached

thanks everyone.. I do appreciate the comments!
here's a final mockup for your piece of mind.

I've also made some minor adjustments to text since I've had some luck using csspie to make up for IE's many failures.. (you're welcome if you hadn't found it yet!)
Please feel free to sit back and watch the birth of the actual site at this dev url: http://hrtalentpro.com/2012/

PPS the arrows have been modified from this attachment.. somehow they ended up being outside 1000px? All that late night designing I suppose..
cheers!:p

Attachments

• homepage-FINAL-sliced.jpg
    homepage-FINAL-sliced.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited: