Contests

Winterchase

Are there any recommended contests for web pages? Or home pages. I don't mean to imply mine's in the big leagues, but, being as competitive as I am, I'd like to see how it stacks up against others of my ilk.

There are millions of 'em for screenwriter - and most are to be avoided because they're just legally short of being a scam. Maybe your world is different.

StephanieCordray

You can do a search for contests but it's pretty much the same as for writing contests. I entered a writing contest once. When it was over I found all the winners for the contest were published writers with the company holding the contest. I haven't entered another since, tehe.

RAJO

there r some contest in the form of auctions
people need something (logo, flash, pages...) and they accept all the demo from all the designers to choose the winner who will continue the project
so if u r interested u can search in the auction sites

Winterchase

Uh?

RAJO said:
there r some contest in the form of auctions
people need something (logo, flash, pages...) and they accept all the demo from all the designers to choose the winner who will continue the project
so if u r interested u can search in the auction sites

I'd be a fish out of water trying that, but thanks anyway.

Winterchase

Yes

StephanieCordray said:
You can do a search for contests but it's pretty much the same as for writing contests. I entered a writing contest once. When it was over I found all the winners for the contest were published writers with the company holding the contest. I haven't entered another since, tehe.

Most of 'em have a reputation for doing that, sad to say. They promise a lot, and deliver, well, usually nothing!

Winterchase

For Sure

StephanieCordray said:
I thought so. Good thing I wasn't expecting much, huh?

That's for sure. Making a movie is when a bunch of good friends get together, decide to make a film, get drunk, have a good time, make the thing and hopefully make a few million dollars along the way, either off unsuspecting investors or the box office. :mad:

Winterchase

Sponsor

I just noticed the sponsor's sinage and thought I should mention; poetry is an entirely different ball game from screenwriting and the two shouldn't be confused, or lumped together.

Believe it or not, you can actually make more money from writing poetry than scripts (if the writer will adapt).

How? Music!

Speaking of which, you guys should look in on the songwriting forums. Boy, do they ever need your help with their pages. :cool:

Try - http://www.singer-songwriter.com/forums/

So do writers. Check out the pages on - http://www.inktip.com/ You'll have to hunt to find 'em, but they are there.

StephanieCordray

Thanks, Winterchase. I bookmarked that for my son who is a musician.

I used to hang out on a few writing forums but I find there is a lot of squabbling over little things and it distracts me from writing... not that I write much everyday as it is. It has always been a very solitary pursuit for me and will likely be nothing more than a hobby... too much competition out there for an average person like me.

If they need help send 'em here. Sending us there probably wouldn't help. Some of us can't spell for **** and correct grammar is not an option either. If they come here we won't sully their board with bad prose, bad spelling, and even worse grammar.

Winterchase

StephanieCordray said:
Thanks, Winterchase. I bookmarked that for my son who is a musician.QUOTE]

Stephanie, get your son, the musician, professional help ASAP!

I'm doing a screenplay on a singer and finding that the world of music publishing/marketing/etc., not writers or musicians, is flat insane! You live in Nashville, so I guess you know what I mean.

What instrument(s) does your son play, and does he write (music)? Maybe you'd better send it as a PM. I kind of don't think this has anything to do with web sites.