concern of infographic

huisyn

The marketing team wants to embed a long and huge infographic (600px X 1979px) to a page and they said it's trendy. But I'm pretty concerned about the size of it. Can anyone give me some suggestion especially if the site you're managing is actively adding infographic.

1. Will it slow down the loading time and cause bigger bounce rate?
2. Is that mobile device friendly?

Thanks a bunch!

CaldwellYSR

If the infographic is an image (I dunno what else it could be but I'm covering my bases here) then:

1) Yes it will slow loading time unless you optimize the image really well. and slower loading time's COULD cause bigger bounce rate.
2) Probably so... since it's only 600 wide I THINK most mobile devices will handle that width, of course it would take some scrolling to find the bottom ;) and the load time would be slow sooooo not exactly friendly afterall I guess.....

Personally I think something that big is just going to look ugly.... that's just me though ;) good luck

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
an infographic by definition is meant to be a simple and easy to read/understand way of showing information graphically.

an infographic that big clearly doesnt meet that requirements.

tell them you will add it if they manage to redesign it to fit the medium.

otherwise leave it out.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
The majority of infographics could easily be done with just some creatively applied CSS. Consider going that route.