Completely Stumped...

krymson

Ok, so I'm working on this project where the website is going to have a printable version too. the print.css is fine and dandy and all but I am having one problem... I have to print the entire site to pdf... Now I have the printing the entire site to pdf problem solved but I have ran into a brick wall...

So to start I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro with its "Create PDF from Web Page" feature which allows me to create a pdf pages of the entire site in one click... now the problem that I have ran in to is using this method it seems to ignore the print.css and will not print background colors. I have found the settings to to make sure it prints background colors and made sure those options were selected but alas it still will not work.

What I can do is go through each page of the website and print each page to pdf with the correct settings and it works like that... But I will be managing hundreds of website just like this doing this over and over, and I cant be spending 30-45 minutes on one site when it can be done in 10 at the push of a button...

Does anyone have any suggestions for a new way of accomplishing what I need to accomplish, or am I over looking something, or am I just gonna have to bit the bullet and do it the long way? Fortunately there's only 16 pages but still multiply that by hundreds its not fun...

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
so it takes style.css and ignores print.css? that seems odd.
or is it not taking any styles at all?
it SHOULD grab from print.css...

chrishirst

Staff member
Try PrimoPDF as it installs as a printer. or if you have installed Adobe "Distiller" (EPS to PDF) and have that set as a Windows printer, which should mean they both should use print stylesheets. I know that Primo does when I have converted HTML documents to PDF by "printing" them.

krymson

so it takes style.css and ignores print.css? that seems odd.
or is it not taking any styles at all?
it SHOULD grab from print.css...

it ignores ALL stylesheets... That's the problem im having

As for the links you guys gave me, I'm running mac, and those dont support mac :( but thanks for the in put.

It's just like road block with a 100 mile detour

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
well we all know that Adobe "1 click solutions" never make like easier (PSD>HTML)
FF14 has native PDF support now. I'd suggest using that.