Commercial website ?

drawise

Can anyone tell me or provide me a link about commercial website ?

I'm a little bit confused with the definition of "Commercial Website".

I'm going to create a website for my client. The client asks me to use free stock photos and music from free resource on web. But I was really concern ed about the law because my client's website (from my perspective) is a legal company website (is it as same as commercial website). It has company name, business number. Altough it's a sole proprietor I still worry.

Please help !!!!

DLPerry

Your client sounds like a commercial website to me. IMHO a Commercial Website is one whos content promotes, advertises, markets, etc. a business, product, or service.
There are a lot of free stock images availoable online, but it takes some digging to find what you need. I recommend reading each offerings 'terms' carefully, and when in doubt, don't use it -- or ask the image owner.
Just my .02 :)

ISDProductions

a commercial website is .com like an organizations website is .org...perhaps your client was speaking of that? Free Stock Photos from the web? I would approach this direction very cautiously. Perhaps a contract voiding you of any responsibilty for copyright infringment, as well as having your client find the images and obtain permission to use them. I always create my own images and pictures that will be necessary, or I make my client obtain the copyright. No client is worth a lawsuit.