Comments and Mouseovers

suppish

I would like to add a comments section to the bottom of posts on my website, how do I add such a feature to a site? Also, How does one achieve the mouse-over effects such as the ones on youtube where several different scenes that appears when mousing-over the images for each video?

CaldwellYSR

I don't know about the comments. It's pretty easy when using a cms like joomla or drupal but if you're writing the code then I guess php would be the way to go but don't ask me how to do it :p

The mouseover effect is going to be javascript. It will just be taking still images from the video and rotating them when you mouseover the image.

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes the image effect can be achieved through javascript / jquery. Look in their .hover() function.

suppish

For the hovering function, I am able to change between two images when my mouse is on and off the image. However, I'm aiming more for a slideshow effect; changing between a set of images when the mouse is hovered above the image.
As for a cms, I've decided not to use one (for now) in order to understand how these features are created as opposed to using pre-written scripts.