CluelessBot.com

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
welp, the time has come, i have finally started to work on CluelessBot.com. have had the domain forever now, just never knew what i wanted to do with it. still not entirely sure, but i guess i'll just go with the flow of things.

didn't get to much done tonight, just a rought outline of things to come. i need to come up with a logo though, i am not really happy with what i have up their right now.

also, for some reason the table doesn't want to extend to the bottum margin of the page. it's set to 100%. *shurg*

i don't feel like messing with it anymore though right now, as it is already way past my bedtime.

http://cluelessbot.com/home/index.asp

as always, i am open to suggestions. i'll update this thread as i get some more work done. :)

StephanieCordray

It will fill up when you put something inside it. If it's set to 100% or auto, it's going to be only as big as the content inside.

I get the impression your site's going to be about speed and the things that make you go fast. Is that your intention? I had a little difficulty seeing the smaller images behind the text but it was okay once I put my glasses on although the text rather overshadows them.

Artoonie

it's really nifty! i love all the bevel/embossing. can't review much without content, but so far, nice job :)

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i started working on a page footer this morning, still needs a lot of work though.

http://www.cluelessbot.com/home/

steph - the site really won't have any particular focus as it will be a personal homepage of sorts for me to post pretty much whatever i feel like.

as for the table not extending to the bottum page margin is beiond me. works fine on nmpoc.com, but i can't get it do it on this site. it's really odd.

artoonie - thanks for the compliments. it has a long way to go and i am moving along very slowly. hopefully i'll get the time to make some real progress with it soon.

Artoonie

i like the idea of fading out the page border thing, but it kind of bothers me that it doesn't fade out at the bottom. perhaps fading it on the last color (50px down)?
It might be just me, but i find that a bit weird.

also, since the header and footer font for "clueless bot" are the same, it looks a bit redundant having one above the other. perhaps making the footer image on the right side instead?

overall it looks amazing, i'm just looking for minute details to criticize :)

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks artoonie! it has a long ways to go yet though. i agree on the fade out at the bottum, it was quick fix solution and will most likely change. i also thought about putting the text at the bottum on the other side and integrating a little to the top image of some sort where the text is now. we'll see, i am not sure what i want to do with the footer just yet. it certainly needs some work though, at least in my eyes. :)

i really do appreciate the feedback.

StephanieCordray

steph - the site really won't have any particular focus as it will be a personal homepage of sorts for me to post pretty much whatever i feel like.

That's what I did with my site. It's a just filler to keep something on the domain. Sims2 is about the only focus it has and that is splotchy at best, too.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's what I did with my site. It's a just filler to keep something on the domain. Sims2 is about the only focus it has and that is splotchy at best, too.
i am actually thinking about changing the focus of the site... just had an idea that would dedicate the site to track days and racing. would give each member their own gallery and event calendar amongst other things. not sure if i want to take that route though... sounds like to much work. :p

i haven't updated the site on the server yet, but this is the current state of affairs...

http://www.cluelessbot.com/images/clueless01.jpg

AainaA

HEY! that's gr8! to see that you're doing something about the domain - finally - and it looks good too !!

i am actually thinking about changing the focus of the site... just had an idea that would dedicate the site to track days and racing. would give each member their own gallery and event calendar amongst other things. not sure if i want to take that route though... sounds like to much work. :p

i haven't updated the site on the server yet, but this is the current state of affairs...

http://www.cluelessbot.com/images/clueless01.jpg

AainaA

I think you'd need to "determine" what you wanna put up on your scratchpad - so you'd make cats and subsections etc - this way it wouldn't be too cluttered.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you'd need to "determine" what you wanna put up on your scratchpad - so you'd make cats and subsections etc - this way it wouldn't be too cluttered.
i agree. right now i am just trying to figure out what i want to put there. each category in the nav menu will be expandable/collapsible in order to not have a bazillion links down the side of the site making it look cluttered.

right now i am just trying to find some direction with it overall.

it's great to see you posting on here again AA. I miss seeing you on here!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think the site looks great, cant really find fault with it at all. Will be good to see what direction the site takes.