Check us out please

fairy_floss

Hi all can you guys check out my work site www.earlyfords.com.au
I have only learnt how to do this in the last couple of months. we like it for now but always good to see if from the outside. I am looking at redoing it soonish as i'm never pleased with my own work! any suggestions would be greatly appreciatted

3dmagicaldesign

Well...

Since you say you are a beginner I would have to say this is not a good start, I don't want to destroy your website but i really think you need an immediate redesign for your website, I will list some points after a quick review:

1) The font color and logo don't look clear, also the font colors are not recommended for a cars website, maybe a red-white-black mix?
check this template that I developed for reference: http://ws.elance.com/uploads2/E4/D7/13490148/template_004.jpg

2) You need some nice flash effects, if your website has an intro, the intro feature on a website is normally flash.

3) Your navigation bar needs rollover.

fairy_floss

well then!! I'm not happy with it at all either. The site was already up and running by the last guy that was here and i've just been asked to keep updating it. I have just got all new logo's made but am unsure exactly how to use them they are in .eps file format - which program do i use these in. i've only been given the run down on how to use frontpage for most of the site but am looking at moving to dreamweaver or similar

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
well then!! I'm not happy with it at all either. The site was already up and running by the last guy that was here and i've just been asked to keep updating it. I have just got all new logo's made but am unsure exactly how to use them they are in .eps file format - which program do i use these in. i've only been given the run down on how to use frontpage for most of the site but am looking at moving to dreamweaver or similar

Use photoshop for your web images....and yes dreamweaver is hands down better than frontpage. Photoshop, Illustrator, and I believe Fireworks can open EPS files. Illustrator is more geared towards print, so i would stick with the other two for web stuff.