Centering

Winterchase

When I started working on my page I set the margin so that with a viewer was using IE and had Search showing it wouldn't run the text off the right side.

BUT, when Search is off, and on Google, there's a lot of BG pic showing on the right side. How do I center a page so it's always showing just the page and not all that extra background picture?

Kiwiberry

Winter, Not really sure what you're looking for here, and what do you mean by

on Google,

I checked the site in IE and Firefox both with the Search *my assumption was the sidebar* On and the Search Off, both Browsers had the same results, and Look fine to me. *s@#$ better check 1024x768* OK I'm Half blind *not really but that's my excuse* and prefer to browse at 800x600. I can certainly tell the difference in 1024x768, but I'm not sure I've got a solution for you. When people use side bars, my understanding was that it just pushed the whole site to the right, and I don't know that it's possible to resize the page when displaying sidebars or not.

Pretty much a lot of typing with no real help. Sometimes it good to see yourself type, I guess! Who Knows:)

Winterchase

Who types anymore?

Kiwiberry said:
... Pretty much a lot of typing with no real help. Sometimes it good to see yourself type, I guess! Who Knows:)

I'm trying to wean myself off having to use the keyboard, instead using Speech. Ain't perfect, yet, but it's gettin' there, which may account for the length of my postings sometimes. It's a neat feature, especially for a writer. My headset has a 15' cord, which is the perfect length because the nearest coffee pot is 12' away from the PC. :p Yeah, I excercise by walking on the ceiling and bouncing off the walls. Left the patio door open by mistake yesterday. Landed out in the back yard.

I'll tell you what; I'll take off the headset and you get out from in front of the mirror and we'll try it again. So, I'll begin; what'd you say? :)

SiteExpress

WC,

Since I am not sure what you trying to do, Ill suggest this. Try creating a "test" page, and setting the margins as a % instead of a fixed size. Not sure if that will do what your after, but it is my best guess.

Kiwiberry

what'd you say?:)

It sounded good when I wrote it.

For me the problem, is pretty much un-noticeable because I keep my screen resolution at 800x600, but if anything works my guess is SiteExpress is correct. Try and set the page width up as a % of the window.

Winterchase

Oh, yeah!

Kiwiberry said:
It sounded good when I wrote it.

I know what you mean. I can't begin to tell you how many times I've had to worship before the porcelain throne :) after reading an article I wrote. Actually, I found your post funny, but it made me wonder if you might not have a drinking problem. :rolleyes:

For me the problem, is pretty much un-noticeable because I keep my screen resolution at 800x600, but if anything works my guess is SiteExpress is correct. Try and set the page width up as a % of the window.

Sounds cool. How does 80% sound as a starting point?

Kiwiberry

Okay, it was definetly the Yager typing before, but I'm better now. :eek: 80% sounds like a good place to start. I won't take to long to realize if it's going to work or not. Good Luck :)

Winterchase

10-4

Kiwiberry said:
Okay, it was definetly the Yager typing before, but I'm better now. :eek: 80% sounds like a good place to start. I won't take to long to realize if it's going to work or not. Good Luck :)

Will do, and, oh, luck is for rabbits :rolleyes: but I know what you mean. Thanks.