can you please?

sarascribbles

Ok, so after looking at a couple of the other sites posted here~I'm second guessing my work. :confused:
If anyone out there in cyber-land could take a look at let me know what you think it would be great. (must say though that it doesn't look like the tradiditonal shopping site..I tried to make it a little fun and upbeat).
My site is Sara'Scribbles, and I do recipe cards and such, along with candy, fudge, and most recently, candles.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Sara

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The site is very functional and easy to navigate without any uneccessary clutter. I am sure in time it can be improved to look a bit more professional. One thing it does need is some sort of "Faq" Frequently Asked Questions section where you list what country you are based, what areas you deliver to, the cost of freight, etc
Perhaps those things were mentioned on the site, but they were not immediately apparent to me, keep in mind that when you build a site with a .com domain, it will be viewed by an international audience.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
you make all of those items yourself? that alone is very impressive! :)

i agree with ian for the most part. personally, i probably would not have choosen a yellow background. but as ian said, with time i am sure the site will turn into something great. for now, the site is very straight forward and easy to navigate, which is good.

StephanieCordray

Some things you can do right away are: Use a lighter background. I once heard that yellow can arouse feelings of anger over time. Center everything. You have a lot of what is called white space on the right side. There's nothing wrong with white space but when you have a lot of it, as you do, it's better to balance it by centering your content on the page.

Websites evolve over time and often, in the beginning, are subjected to frequent editing of layouts and graphics. Like ian said, it's functional, uncluttered, and easy to navigate.

sarascribbles

ohh, my poor yellow~thanks for all of the suggestions!
ian: I'm in the process of coming up with questions and answers for the FAQ page.
zkiller: Yep, I make it all (in my free time-I'm a full time college student). It's all really fun, but I had to stop coming up with candy ideas because my hubby was eating too much!
Stephanie: too true..I've editied and changed so much over the past couple months, (ya'll think this is bad, you should have seen the first one I came up with! LOL) I hate to sound so dumb, but can you explain what "white space" is? Is it just the space on the sides where there is nothing?

Thanks again for all the suggestions!
I ask my parents what they think, but, well, you know parents, anything you do is wonderful!

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i know, what you mean about asking your parents for advice on something such as this. my dad is usually rather constructive (when he has time), but my mother pretty much just throws a glimpse at it and says nice. :shrug:

anyways, you are correct, white space = empty space. :)