Calling all web designers - building your business

CharlieW

Hi there,

I am a trained, experienced and qualified editor, proofreader and copywriter, and I have an idea which I am currently pitching to web designers throughout the land!

Through research it has come to my attention that there are no (correct me if I'm wrong but I've been looking for weeks) web design companies which are offering a writing/editing service to their clients on top of design.

So many websites I look at are designed beautifully, but let down by poor writing style, or typos on the home page. No matter how wonderful the design, the writing plays a huge part in selling a product or service, and writing accurately and well is not something which comes naturally to a lot of people.

This is where I come in.

My idea is this – you add to your service list a complete writing and editorial service. This can be offered at two levels:
1. Writing: a client can choose to have help in writing an engaging and well-styled site.
2. Editing/proofreading: they can be assured of 100% accuracy in their text before it is published to the web.

You would then have a price plan for this, and add it on to your existing design fee. We agree a price, you pass the work to me, and we can decide if you prefer me to be invisible to the client, or work with them directly. I quickly and efficiently make the writing ‘perfectly write’, pass it back to you, and invoice you directly for my part of the project. You pass it back to a delighted client, beautifully designed and worded, and there you have it – a fabulous website on every level.

The benefits for you? You widen your services, look more professional and competent to a prospective client, improve the quality of your output, create websites which will look fabulous in your portfolio, and perhaps get the client where another company doesn’t. Quite simply you would have more to offer the client, and even if a client didn’t choose the added on service, they’re still going to look at you and think ‘this company knows its stuff’.

Interested? Questions? Feel free to get in touch on [email protected]. More details about me can be found at www.perfectlywrite.co.uk (I am aware my own website needs design attention – I’m on it thanks!)

Thanks for reading,

Charlie