Brand new site getting to #1

ann9787

Just wondering about a new site I'm thinking about launching. It's in a highly competitive niche and this is what I would like to get some insight about from some others - About how long could I expect to wait before it appears on the first page of google -and- approximately how much would it cost in hiring a qualified SEO person and Adwords expenditures in the meantime?

I'm just trying to quantify the time and expense I would be looking at. Thanks in advance!

chrishirst

Staff member
WHY OH WHY do you believe that you HAVE to first page of Google.

Try getting links for the RIGHT reasons

I'm just trying to quantify the time and expense I would be looking at. Thanks in advance!
Somewhere between a few days and never.

approximately how much would it cost in hiring a qualified SEO person and Adwords expenditures in the meantime
Absolutely no idea, I obviously missed the bit where you told us WHAT the market place was.

ann9787

That was so helpful, thank you!

Somewhere between a few days and never.

Really? You actually think anyone can get a new site to the first page of Google in a few days?

WHY OH WHY do you believe that you HAVE to first page of Google.

I didn't ask to be questioned about my reasons, I simply posed a very straight forward question. But since you asked, probably for the same reasons that everyone with an ecommerce site trying to sell a product would want to be on the first page - duh.

You come across as a very unhappy person. I can't even imagine what a creep you must be in real life.

chrishirst

Staff member
Really? You actually think anyone can get a new site to the first page of Google in a few days?
I don't THINK, I KNOW that a new URL (by the way Google do not show "sites" they show URLs to their users), will be shown on the first page of results when it first makes an appearance in the index. That has been the case since Google launched. But don't get too overawed, it will only be there for three or four days before it disappears again.
http://tycoontalk.freelancer.com/seo-tycoon/235988-my-websites-serp-ranking-has-decreased.html

You come across as a very unhappy person.
Not to worry you come across as someone who isn't prepared to accept anything that may be different than what you think you know.

REAL SEO isn't about getting "rankings" for two or three words or phrases and it NEVER really was. True SEO is about improving the VALUE of your document to "optimise" their potential for conversions.
Any fool can get rankings for useless phrases, true SEO will get more conversions for their clients, and show a positive return on the investment, build links that send REAL VISITORS without waiting six or nine months for Google to decide whether to show thos URLs or not.

Just because the "experts" suggest that the only "valuable" traffic comes from search engines rankings doesn't make it fact.

Common sense business is ALWAYS to cut out the middle man, and the same is true in Search if you cut out Google and get real qualified visitors and then you are NOT relying on the vagiaries of search engines for your sales, so algorithm changes do NOT affect your conversions in any significant way, thus preventing you from complaining how Google are taking money out of your pockets.

I can't even imagine what a creep you must be in real life
Oh and by the way, insults from forum posts really have no effect on me as I usually find that they are the last refuge of the weak minded.