Body onload for Mouse Over??

Fireproofgfx

I am self taught when I have time and I basically taught myself how to use Dreamweaver to make a usable/doable site. I understand I need to actually start coding "by hand" to truly get the grasp of designing but for now this will have to make due until I can learn more.

The reason I started out by saying this is because using Dreamweaver I add a mouseover effect and it makes a body onload tag, but it dawn on me today I don't think it needs to be there. I deleted it out of the code and the Mouseover effect still worked properly. So is there any reason for me to keep this. If I were to hand code this would I include it or not? Is it just something extra dreamweaver adds in.

HTML:
<body onload="MM_preloadImages('style/MOSidebutJoinTEAM.png','style/MOsidebutEVENTS1.png','style/MOsidebutDONATE.png','style/MOfacebook.png','style/MOTwitter.png','style/MOlinkedin.png','style/MO_01.png','style/MO_02.png','style/MO_03.png','style/MO_04.png','style/MO_05.png','style/MO_06.png','style/MO_07.png','images/MOphotos.png','images/MOvideos.png','images/MOinterviews.png','images/MOfiscal.png','images/MOmilitary.png','images/jobs.png','images/MOEnergy.png','images/MOeducation.png','images/MO2nd.png','images/MOhealthcare.png','images/MOacumen.png','images/MOenvironment.png','images/MOimmigration.png','images/MOterm.png','images/MOjobs.png','images/MOgoals.png','style/MOyoutube.png','style/MOfreedom.png')">

I ask this because I do understand that Dreamweaver isn't the end all solution for designing and I want to design properly. Further more when you add the mouseover effect for the first time DW produces its own code for mouseover which turns out does not validate on W3c anyways so that tells me something isn't quite right. So I thought I would ask. Thanks for the input.