bland site can you help me jazz it up?

flava

hey im new to these forums as i am in need of help, i have opened my new site icemuzik which is based on php nuke with standard templates which i have changed around a little, i think it looks ok but nothin special the layout on the forums is annoying and grey with white text do look a little boring. The theme has to stay how it is so i must keep the grey do you have any suggestions/ideas? curse my site all you want! :D

StephanieCordray

ok... on your index page you have a decent header... everything is greyed of one shade or another except your logo... now if one moves to the forum, you have your header up there then this big second header that says forum... if the forum is integrated into the cms, you can take that big header out that says forum and it will bring everything up. As a matter of fact, I would recommend getting rid of both the graphics below your main header, move the links and attendent graphics flush with your header. The icons used for each forum topic and subtopics and so forth can be changed to a color to match your logo colors and give it a splash of something not grey. Lastly, at least for now, I'd change the font on the links because I can't read it. If people can't read it, they won't know where to click to.

Well... I just noted something... your board isn't integrated into the cms... there is a version of phpbb that is called pnphpbb that you can add to postnuke as a module... a lot of the things I just told you can be edited from the admin section of pnphpbb.

Don't know how much real help overall that I've been though.

flava

yeah that was alot of help, im not sure how i could make the forum flush with the header and getting rid of the forum logo has been an idea which i have tried and scrapped because it didnt look correct the forums came with the cms but i turned the left hand blocks off as it was looking cramped, icons should brighten the place up and which links should i change? thanx again for the quick reply

StephanieCordray

the ones on your forum page... they are very hard to read.If you keep those links they will be what is flush with your main header... I don't envision it looking bad.

RAJO

:) the top of the page isn't loading @ all
so i only saw the middle parts
and i think it's very good
i only think if u enlarge the font size a bit it would b better and use some colors with the dark bg like a phosphoreic orange that u used in shout box

flava

thanx stevie im gonna go ahead n try that, im having major problems with my host at the moment so im getting slower loading times and days of downtime so sometimes there are problems loading larger images/flash thanx for the help guys