Benefits of E-commerce

daleclara

Simply put, e-commerce is carrying out business transactions over the internet. It has a lot of benefits, some of which are:

· Expanded Geographical Reach – It is World Wide Web. Your business can enjoy customers from anywhere across the world.

· Cost effective promotions through Search Engine Marketing – In comparison to offline commerce, e-commerce gives you an advantage of easier promotions on more reasonable prices.

· Provide Customers valuable information about your business – You do not need to be everywhere, your e-commerce business is all it takes.

· Round the clock business through e-commerce website. There is no looking back!

· Collection of Customer Data – Each transaction automatically stores data, which eliminated the need of manual collection.

Although e-commerce has many benefits, one needs to decide whether his/her business will appropriately benefit from e-commerce or not.:)

Last edited:

Arindra

E- commerce

I agree with your opinion. With the introduction of E-commerce there is a complete metamorphosis in the overall pattern of business. If you are dedicated enough and ready to put some hard work, your fortune is waiting on your e-commerce website.

kbardot

I also agree; however, E-commerce is not for everyone. E-commerce websites are expensive to build and maintain. On average an E-commerce website does not make a profit for five years. Not every product can be sold online and it takes a while for most E-commerce websites to create demand and visibilty. I tell all my clients to really think hard before going this route.

constanthosting

A lot of businesses run in the negative the first few years. Anyone going this route should definitely be ready for a lot of downs before the up's come, be very patient and be willing to put in a lot of their own time without returns for awhile.

brain

If your product can be sold online, then e commerce is indeed the best way of promotion. the basic benefit that I find in e commerce is cut down of promotional cost.

Other big thing is you can have a partnership and earn millions online. Different people with different expertise can join hands and launch their business online which is much more feasible with proper planning and implementation as compared to taking traditional business route.

hunterjordan

Hi,

Here is a quick question. Which platform do you guys use to build up an ecommerce web site. Magento, Joomla, OsCommerce or any other???

kollkolen

you know, running my own e-commerce site is my dream, i want to make me some internet bucks

Ecommerce allows people to carry out businesses without the barriers of time or distance. One can log on to the Internet at any point of time, be it day or night and purchase or sell anything one desires at a single click of the mouse. The strategic benefit of making a business ‘ecommerce enabled’, is that it helps reduce the delivery time, labour cost and the cost incurred in the following areas:
1. Document preparation
2. Error detection and correction
3. Reconciliation
4. Mail preparation
5. Telephone calling
6. Data entry
7. Overtime
8. Supervision expenses

Hi...
Thank you for sharing such a nice information. I like this site very much. I will surely bookmark it for future use. Good Work! Keep it up!

nikki

1. Reduce Production Cost

2. Better Information System

3. Better Management System within organization

4. Better Management System across different organizations

5. Better Business Strategy