Beginner Questions

tim32584

Hey everyone. I am interested in learning web design at home. I have a few questions before I venture out.

What books and.or ebooks should I read to get a thorough understanding of web design?

Do I need a degree to make money in the field? (Sounds dumb, but someone on another forum advised me that he read books on it, did a lot of research, and now has a career in the field. He didn't mention a degree) If a degree is needed, can I obtain one through a course online? If so, which is preferred?

I appreciate all or any help from anybody regarding info on web design. I am not a very social person, so a career in this field would be good for me! Thanks for all help!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
A degree is not required, a lot can be found from various search engines/websites/forums, helps to have friends in the know.
There is also a lot more to building a website than just web design, and with the internet, there are lots of opportunities to make money.

Rapid Web Design

You don’t need no degree but you do need to become good at what you do. not only do you need to know all the terms and cyber space lingo to get started in this field. you also need to know how to talk to clients. i found that knowing what i know does not help bring clients you need to know how to talk and deal with them. you need to make them feel as if they need you, and the site you create. at the end of the day you don’t need them they need you! People skills can go further then programming skill. but you also need to deliver what you talk about! PS clients think the internet and WebPages can do every thing possibly thought of and that it can be done by the next day!
Also sign contracts!!!

mattkimmel

You need to possess the technical skills along with people skills and the ability to understand what your client needs. There are so many sources on the net for information about website design its incredible. Practice makes perfect, start with small tasks and make websites that interest you and update them often for more practice.

South Dakota Website Design