Band site review.

thinksmart12

Hello everyone,
I'd like you to look at http://blackriverband.org, comments are appreciated. For those of you who have IE7 installed, could you please take a look at possibly give me a few tips/pointers on how to fix the weird column problem?

Thanks a lot,
John

wachtn

It Looks Great

... but it always annoys me when I am being navigated away from the site I want to look at. I would prefer links to separate sites be opened in a new window. Im talking about all sites online, not just yours. I have read that it is a bad practice to override the browsers normal setting. I mostly agree with that, except in this case. You might want to at least warn your visitors when they are about to leave your site.

You might want to link to a larger image by clicking on the smaller images. Certainly proud parents/g-parent would want to be able to see their kids more clearly. It might be my screen or it could be 8th graders, but the 8th Grade Band Students pic appears to be stretched up a little. Idk, if that matters or not.

Other than that it looks great. You did a really good job on it.

thinksmart12

Thanks for the feedback. I'll get working on the links. Did you check the site out in IE7? The columns are all messed up. Could you point me in the right direction for information on how to fix this?

kiyas85

In case you havent already, you might want to install firebug plugin for firefox and IE developer plugin for IE so that you know where exactly the problem lies

bozy12v

You got 6MB to load on your homepage! The page is loading in a very long time on my internet connection....

adamblan

You got 6MB to load on your homepage! The page is loading in a very long time on my internet connection....

Yep... You'll want to scale the image in an image editor rather than just change the display size. Also, your links are terribly difficult to see- try another color!