Back To The Beginning

Winterchase

Let's say you're looking at a web page has several buttons including one for MOVIES. You click on it and it takes you to another page titled MOVIES that shows currents listings.

But, you've seen it before and on the top of the page it conveniently has a button that reads: BACK or maybe RETURN TO THE MAIN PAGE, something that says to take you back to the beginning. You click on it and it does take you back to the main page where you started.

QUESTION: Is the BACK or RETURN TO THE MAIN PAGE linked to the main page, meaning the original URL home page? If that ain't legal, then how is it done?

Winterchase

Clear to land

StephanieCordray said:
Who said it wasn't legal? It won't help with using keywords as links but it's certainly legal to do.

Then you're saying it'll work okay to link BACK that'll be on the Script Sample pages to the main URL? Makes sense, only I didn't know if there's a better way to do it.

On the legal thing; I guess I'm a little sensetive to that, but don't know what's legal and what's not, only that I'm trying to play by the rules here.

StephanieCordray

Well the rules for linking within your site are one thing, the rules for linking offsite are another... it's good to use keywords for your links in your site but it's not a "law" you have to follow.

Winterchase

I done dod it

StephanieCordray said:
Well the rules for linking within your site are one thing, the rules for linking offsite are another... it's good to use keywords for your links in your site but it's not a "law" you have to follow.

I went ahead and linked the linked pages back to the main page. Neat-oh. Another little improvement made. Thanks for all the help getting me there.

RAJO

the most important rulein linking is: the user has to find all the passages in your site without the need of clicking the browser buttons, to go back and forth as much as he want to with no trouble, in every page has to find all the links of all the site sections

Winterchase

And

RAJO said:
the most important rulein linking is: the user has to find all the passages in your site without the need of clicking the browser buttons, to go back and forth as much as he want to with no trouble, in every page has to find all the links of all the site sections

.. I finally learned that. Thanks.