Back-End Use for Customer

LAL63069

Hello All. I am working on my first professional website and seem to be getting broken in the hard way.

My customer is wanting back-end access to his website so he can change certain elements himself. I would imagine this is somehow done with php but I don't even know where to begin.

Does anyone have any advice or know of any documentations that would guide me through this? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Use a CMS

Could you use a CMS like WordPress, Drupal, or Joomla? Allowing a non-designer to change content is what they are made for.

If you can't do that for whatever reason, you could "roll your own" CMS with a database and PHP, which is not a trivial task, but the extent of the changes they want to make would determine the amount of effort needed. It is too much to teach on this forum.

yano

My customer is wanting back-end access to his website so he can change certain elements himself. I would imagine this is somehow done with php but I don't even know where to begin.

Back-end access? Do you mean access to a database? And, Which elements does he want to change? If you are referring to elements on the web pages themselves, you may not require back-end access unless the page elements are data-driven.

Absolution

I know Drupal can do it. You will need to design your website in that. However people tell me there aren't many good tutorials on Drupal.