ASP/PHP assisting program for non ASP/PHP user

ToniPerdew

I am a small web designer that, so far, have just made sites where I have to do all the updating for the clients. However, I would like to switch over to a situation where I can design the sites, and customers can update their own content.

I've tried a couple CMS's where customers have online editors, and both my customers and I have found them to be slow and also too hard for most of my fairly non-computer-literate customers to adequately manage.

Therefore, I'm looking for a program that will allow my customers to enter data into a form with fields (both text and images), submit, and the program will create the pages with the new content upon demand when viewers request the pages.

I've considered using a program intended for online classifieds, but haven't done that as of yet.

Do any of you know of a program that would allow me to design the "look/layout" of a site, and enter fields on the page so that customers could fill out a form to enter their own content?

My customers don't need credit card capabilities on their sites. They just want to enter text and images. And example would be someone that raises registered cattle, where they would want to have pages for Home, Bulls, About Us, and then individual pages for some of the cattle that would include a few pictures, a pedigree, and some text.

Thanks!

Toni
[email protected]

Erik

Sounds like you may want to search for an article manager rather than a full blown CMS. I agree that CMS systems like Joomla are way too much for the average user to deal with. With an article manager you could isolate the content the user can update without risk of destroying the template or other part of the site.

Optionally you could custom code something to suit your needs as well.

-Erik

ToniPerdew

That sounds interesting, and is something I've not heard of before. I did a quick search and see that there are LOTS available.

I would need customers to be able to upload images, and also to insert a table (which I could give them as a blank format for them to copy/paste).

Do you have a couple favorites that you've tried and could recommend?

Thanks!

Toni