Any advice great thanks

AuraDesign

Hi Guys

Just need some general advice really.
I just bought 500 business cards to advertise my website/webdesign.
I thought they were great when i recieved them today- but I realised I hadn't even thought about where I was going to put them.
Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone done the same and know good places to put/post business cards for web design?

Thanks a lot
Lianne

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I would keep them and use them for potential clients that you meet, also perhaps posting them at message boards at local shopping centres/community noticeboards.

bassmasta

Hi! I attend a lot of networking events around the country (UK), the problem I find with a lot of business cards is they don't tell the recipient what you do!!!! Make sure it's on there! Best designs I've seen are a right hand menu style. With logo and details on left and what you do on the right hand side! Stick to your company colours and it should be ok!

THE bassmasta!

SiteExpress

I give my business cards to clients for future reference, and whenever I mail out invoices I put a card inside. I also have a local business mailing list that I send ads out to, and I always include a card.

Winterchase

Business cards

Back when I was active in my company, I'd end every conversation I had with an adult who looked, sounded and was dressed like a responsible or semi-responsible person by handing him/her a card and saying something like, "... Here (handing over the card). Give me a call sometime...," followed by a touch of flattery and a smile.

Once, in Jacksonville, Florida, a scruffy-looking man came up to a girl and her mother in a shopping center and declared he was a famous movie directory and wanted the girl to star in his next block-buster film, and for her to call him collect in a few weeks because he was busy at the moment. He was dressed in jeans and a sweat-shirt, tennis shoes and he needed a shave and a haircut. The card he handed them was rumpled and there were notes scribbled on the back.

The woman almost called the police but, as most people tend to do, they hung on to the card (probably to use as evidence). Bored at work and for something to do, a few weeks later the girl called, collect.

She co-starred in one of the James Bond films!

So, you never know what can happen to those cards.

Next to business cards, the best form of advertising we found were jackets and shirts (wind breakers, usually) with our logo and company name on the front. They gave people an opening, a reason, to approach us. Think about it: NASCAR and others sure don't sell tee-shirts, jackets, caps and all that other stuff - with sinage all over it - just to make a profit.

SiteExpress

I also sponsor 2 bowling leagues. It is cheap, and lots of other businesses (other sponsors) see my name and web address.

gateshosting

Tell everyone, and do your projects quickly. Make one customer REALLY happy, and the rest follows. It is easy to get in a trap of too much work trying to please everyone, pleasing no one.

Hand them out to everyone you talk to like Winterchase said. I don't do this enough.

<modedit> please place your site address in your signature profile and not within the text of each post

Last edited by a moderator: