another concept i have started working on

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
like the topic says, just another design concept i have been playing with. i <3 transparent png's. :)

needs a better logo!

Attachments

• clueless-concept001.jpg
    clueless-concept001.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 103

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
alright here is what i've got so far. works equally well in firefox and ie7. although the position on the login box is off by 1 pixel or so in ie7. unfortunatly i have not had the opportunity to try in older versions of ie.

anyways, pop this open and make the window small enough to where you get some vertical scroll in order to fully enjoy the transparency! :D

http://www.cluelessbot.com/home/index.aspx

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i am thinking the content boxes need some form of light, as in thin, outline. nothing that will stand out to much, but enought to make them stand out a bit better on the black background. what do you think?

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
just tried it in ie6 and it looks like ass... lol... but strangely, i don't care. lol

DLPerry

I like it. I do agree though, it needs a better logo. Perhaps in a coordinating but attention getting color, or maybe just a bit larger.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
yup, as i posted above, i have tested it. if i decide to use it, their will be second version of the site for older versions. simple enough. besides, it would be a personal site of sorts, so i am not to worried about it. thanks for the heads up though.

boyleswebdesign

no prob. but i was reading something somewhere, and somebody came up with a script that you put on your server and allows older browser to display it right. Ill look for it again and ill post it if i can find it.

edit. Ok I found it check this

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks, i'll have to give that a try, seeing as though the hack that i am presently using isn't working.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I like the lightning image and how it appears in the main image.
But as a background in http://www.cluelessbot.com/home/index.aspx it somehow doesnt work, when you scroll down half way down the page. I would find a way to make it more of a header image only as opposed to a background. And maybe change the color of the dropshadow edging background color.
That is one awesome lightning picture.

BWD

just tried it in ie6 and it looks like ass... lol... but strangely, i don't care. lol

Im glad you dont care about older browsers .. I dont care either and i think that no one shoudl. Technology is moving on so why should we support the old stuff... Does it mean we still make to write basic 1.0 simply becasue some poor bastard is still using an Amstrad from the 80s?