alternative rock band website (by a newbie)

silverpenny

hi,

i'd just like to ask for some advice, tips and just any of your thoughts on this website. mainly on the layout and design, less so the content, which has yet to be completed. feel free to be brutal, as long as it's contructive - preferably not destructive. :)

www.silverpenny.tk

cheers very much,

ash

Last edited:

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think the site looks quite good. The main thing I a can comment on is, that on 1024x768 resolution, the site appears to occupy a rather small portion of the page. Somehow looks like it should be bigger or perhaps centred.

StephanieCordray

One of your band members' pics is not linked correctly. I got a page not found. I agree with ian, the page needs to be centered... let Yahoo or the browser push it to whatever looks center on users' computers.. otherwise, like ian... i think it looks nice.

RAJO

very good work, i only have one comment which is "center the page" as ian and stephanie mentioned b4
BUT
I have a question 4 u
"why u limit urself 2 black & white? it's a new on web i think and very bold 2? why u choose 2 stick with 2 color as printed old newspaper why u r online have the chance and tools 2 make it a very modern magazine? (got the picture?)"
pls answer me it's not a critiq it's a question i wanna know it's answer
thank you

moonfish

I agree increase the size and work at a lower screen resolution. Also don't assume that the user is intelligent and will know to click on the plug socket graphic. Put an "enter" image map. I feel red beacause of your "black and white" vibe!

Liked the tunes too...they sound talented.

All the best Rob ;)

http://www.moonfish-design.co.uk

silverpenny

Hi,
I'm very appreciative of your advice, and i will try to change the layout (center the page) when i get the time!

As for your thoughts about the black and white page design, i just wanted to create something a bit different and experiment with a very random, 'cluttered' design - and i think that with colour it could have all looked a bit confusing! But i understand what you mean. With today's graphics programs, Flash and all that, it's not often you see a monochrome website, but i think that makes this one pretty individual don't you? :)

and thanks Moonfish, i think i'll take your unintelligent user (!) idea into account and maybe do a 'click to enter' text or something like that. :)

thanks again,

ash

Last edited: