Albumography.com

zaz102

Hello,

I'm in the process of creating a music database website similar to IMDb for music. I wanted feedback of the layout, colorshttp://www.webdesignforum.com/images/editor/email.gif, and design in general.

albumography.com

A good item to look at is the album "Evil Empire" by Rage Against the Machine. Let me know what you think.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
good luck with that database.

i'd add some album artwork to it.

needs to be lighter as well, too dark, and the words are too bold.

I believe it is a nice design. Agree with Phreadee, the red and black do look sort of dark and gloomy.

I believe you have a good idea with this, if there's nothing similar out there already. Will you include lyrics?

Good luck.

Horace

What a coincidence. I'm working on a similar project.

I don't mind the dark color scheme, but the number of icons is kind of distracting.

justrobin

I agree with Horace...:)

Too many icons... Perhaps you have something in mind how to maximize the vacant spaces in the left and right sides. Background color not so friendly. Personally, I don't like the color...

zaz102

hmmm, I can. make sure you are using the link and not copying the displayed url into the address bar. Anyone else have an issue with the link?

Ok, I can access the link now. My DSL connection has been having some problems lately. I like the look of the site much better now with the lighter page background and without the icons.

zaz102

Last edited:

iamshawnrice

My first thought is to go wiki with it: the project seems best suited for a crowd-sourced enterprise.

Along those lines I like the black text on a white background with blue links you see on the standard wiki pages.

zaz102

It actually is wiki based (or at least user based) content. Any registered member may add information to our site. However our goal really is to be closer to the IMDb for music.

sdesign1, can you clarify the lighten comments. Lighten the actual site or the dev site? Also, do you mean the main background or the border?

Also, one thing I would like to consider is a different font, but I'm not really sure what would work. If anyone had any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Last edited: